Monday, November 14, 2005

Eva starts my day out with a bang.

Well the first thing I did this morning was make a quick run to Wal-Mart needed some shoes for my feet so that I can make it through the next 41 days. Then headed to Plaza Bonita, did not quite make it on time for the warmup but I did get there for some of it. While I was standing there one of the Westfield team let me know that someone behind me wanted my attention. So I turned around and met Eva, a young lady that appeared to be devolpmentally disabled. Without any hesitation on her part she let me know that her Mom had passed away this year. I suggested that she give me a few minutes then come down to the Santa set, and that I had something special for her. When she came by we were slow so I asked her to take a photo with me, her biggest concern was being to heavy on Santa's leg. We were able to get a good picture of her and she was given one of my bells.


It was a slow day really slow. only had something like 14 visits on Santa's lap before my evening break. Finished out the evening though with 37 total visits for the day. Was able to get my first sleeping baby photo, my favorite pose that's where I get my nap in. Had a wonderful gentleman 90 years young stop by to talk to me, ok this is where I have to worry about going to the hospital to have ny arm reset. (from patting myself on the back) He said that I was by far the best Santa he had ever scene, no he was not senile he sure appearded to have all of his mental faculties. So I will buy it, he would have plenty of experience.

I was able to walk the mall a couple of times and my feet felt good today so maybe I have something descent for my feet. I still do not like the fake looking boot covers that I have to wear. It is not authentic, I will be working on that, Santa cannot have anything phony about him.

So now the running total of children on Santa's lap is up to 209 watch this number climb.

Keep coming back we are early in the season

No comments: