Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sharing

The first comment I received on my blog gave me a great idea. Share this with all your friends, just not some of the younger ones who would not understand some of the daily things that Santa goes through. After all the whole idea about Santa is giving and sharing.
I had decided a couple years ago that I would just be Santa all year round, hopefully to keep that spirit going all the time not just during the Holiday Season. When I returned from my Mall adventure last year I was able to find some red pants so I purchased several pairs of them and then I found red shirts some button type and a lot of T-shirts. So now 99% of the time that is what I wear. Of course if I am going some place that requires a little nicer dress, I wear one of the many shirts that Mrs. Claus has made for me with a variety of Christmas patterns.
I have had several occassions in the last few weeks to put on the nicer shirts as I out and about. On more than one occasion I have had adults say to me, "isn't it kinda early for Santa." Then I have to explain to them that Santa really does live all year round. He doesn't die on Christmas day and then just reappear next year. I have some pretty neat adventures all year long.
The little ones give me a questioning look, and I just tell them I am out checking to see who is being naughty or nice. Then I can see their demeanor change instantly. I have found that you don't have to be young to believe in Santa. Just give yourself a few extra minutes and read the story about the Polar Express. Or if you prefer to watch it the DVD will be out on November 22nd. I have a quote from the book that I have changed a little bit so that I can use it for myself. "Always remember that the true spirit and magic of Christmas lies in your heart."
So I encourage all to share this blog page with others. I will be looking forward to seeing any of the comments you might have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful it is that you are sharing your experiences. I am looking forward to the many adventures that you have/will have.
Keep up all your good work. What a great example you are to so many people to keep that amazing spirit all year long.

Anonymous said...

You have found you calling and it is great to know that you enjoy what you are doing. Remember to take call of yourself with food and sleep. I can't wait to hear about your travels.