Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Staying in Bed Getting Well

Well I spent all of Tuesday in Bed. I had called Mrs. Claus and was able to get out go online. Then I was able to type to her to call Cherry Hill and explain to them what was going on. It hurt so much to even try to talk early in the day and I was fighting fever. I was finally getting the Fever to break and felt like I could talk a little when Lupita called and let me know they had a Santa to take my place and that I should probably take an extra day off to make sure I am ready and healthy. It really amazes me all of the precaution that I have tried to take building up my immune system with expensive dietary supplements, taking 4000mg of vitamin C daily taking an airborne daily. I even went and got a flew shot before I left. And here I wind up catching a bug anyway. I could pretty much pinpoint where it came from too. A young lady who was sitting on my lap I had my hand on her back and could feel the heat coming off of her like she was a stove, I even felt it through my Santa Pants which are very thick. Oh well we are getting over it now. I just do not like the idea that if I am sitting there that I may be passing a bug on to children, and I sure do not want to see any kids get siclk

I reluctantly agreed and then I did have breakfast with him here at the Holiday Inn Express, this morning. He works at a mall in El Centro where they have 4 fake bearded Santa's that they rotate. It makes me wonder how they pull that one off. So this morning I was still feeling some of the after effects of this bug, so I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some Alieve for the body aches, and some tussin cf for nasal decongestion and minor cough. I sarted feeling a whole lot better. I have not lost my voice all day, sure it sounds a little gravely but it has not disapeared.

I was pulling out of the motel so that I could get my suit and extra pair of pants out of the dry cleaners, and some lunch. The GM and Sales Manager for the Holiday Inn Express here had been shopping. Tonight is the managers reception here at the Motel. Well I had been asked about what I drank and I let it be known that the strongest thing Santa drinks is hot cocoa. So these sweet ladies picked up a gift package of hot cocoa, six different boxeswith six packages in each double fudge, french vanilla, caramel, mint, rasberry, and supreme. There is only 140 calories in each envelope with fat calories at 30. 3 grams of protien and 26 grams of carbs. This could turnanta into a bad boy.

So I picked up my suits from the dry cleaners and went into Denny's restaurant for Lunch. After they had found a place for me to sit, as I was looking over the menu 2 little ones may 4 & 5 years old came up and said to me "hello Santa Claus, we celebrate chanuka". I let them know that I was good with that because it is all about sharing the love peace and happiness anyway.
I went back over to their taqble and offered that I Met Santa Claus stickers, and was then able to thank mom and dad for letting them come over to see me. I was glad to have the extra day so as to give my voice a break.

I did attend the mangers reception this evening they put out little sandwiches chips dips and some deserts, as well as beverages. They have Yahtzee , dominos and one of my favorite board games called sequence. It felt good to just do something different even if it was only for 1 1/2 hours it was a nice break So now I feel like I am ready to get back to visiting the Children starting tommorrow.
Now I will get to bed early so that I am fresh for Tommorow

No comments: