Friday, December 02, 2005

Anyone can put on a Red Suit.....Not all are Santa's

Everyone at Plaza Bonita was glad to see me back today, even the crew from Cherry Hill, then I found out that no one liked the replacement santa. Well I have to admit that I did have some reservations about the replacement santa they had found for me, when I saw the package of cigarettes hanging out of his pocket. I found out that he wasn't a very pleasant guy to work with and had even been rude to some people telling them they could not take their own photos. Then I saw a photo of him with a child downright scary. Some of the stories I heard made me shudder, when the crew from Cherry Hill was embarrassed and ashamed to take photos of this guy you know it is not good. One of the security guards came up to me and said he was ready to take off his button that said I Believe in Santa. It just proves to me once again that anyone can put on the red suit, but it doesn't make you Santa. I made no mistake by not capitalizing santa above, that is reserved for Santa's with honor.

I felt bad about the replacement they had for me, I wish it could have been different. I had tried to work on preventive measures so that I would not be getting sick. I am feeling better just a little gravelly voice. We are almost to the halfway point so we should be able to finish up, without any hitches.

It seems that Cherry Hill is going to back off and not come across harsh on the no personal photo set up. I like that because there are people who really cannot afford those photos with Santa and they should not be penalized. When I was growing up my family sure could not afford those photos, let alone a visit to Santa. So I was glad to see the memo about relaxing the rules. If it were up to me everyone would get a photo with Santa for free but alas I am only a majority of one.

The sad news of the day was when I found out that Andy the General Manager at Plaza Bonita will be leaving, seems that his higher ups want him to move up to a larger mall. It is sad for all at Plaza Bonita I even got the feeling that Andy was sad to say he would be leaving. But it is a good opportunity for him, and that is what we are all looking forward to a chance to move up.

89 visits today with a season total to date of 1409

No comments: