Monday, December 05, 2005

Gregg Rogers Elementary School

Today started out great while I was at the Warm up this morning, as usual I had several children who wanted to say Hi to Santa. I have tried to position myself so as not to be a big interruption on the warm up when this happens. But this morning I was on the opposite of where this large group of my special friends came through, so I had to go right through the middle of the warm up to greet them. I had a few candies in my bag but not near enough to go around for all of them. So I told them to come see me at the Santa set and I would be there soon.

When I arrived at the set they were all there waiting. I found out that their teacher had brought the class in last year to see me. Her comment was that she thought I had treated the children so special that she had told everyone about the Santa at Plaza Bonita. There were 13 children total with 3 or 4 in wheel chairs. I found out that this school has a 6th grade service club and 3 of it's members were there helping out with today's outing, as well as 4 teachers. I thought it was really nice that these children could have an outing like this to visit Santa. The best part of this though was the 6th grade service club, children helping special needs children and not looking down on them.
Today we had 99 visits for a total to date of 2141

No comments: