Sunday, December 04, 2005

Santa Paws gave time for Pause.

It is really nice to know that there are a few children in this world who really do care about others. This morning 9 year old Javier came to see me with his two sisters the girls asked in turn for a Dora Doll, Dora talking kitchen and a Cinderella bike. Then the other one asked for an ipod and a cell phone. Now I asked Javier what he wanted and he said he had a simple request, he wanted the children who were not getting anything to have something for Christmas. Well that was an easy one to tell was getting a bell.

I have been getting a lot of request for those high dollar items, like lap tops, ipods, cell phones, and the best one this year is when the children ask for an x-box 360. That one is easy to respond to. I just laugh and tell them they are all gone for this year. Santa isn't going to be left out to hang on that one, and if one of these children is lucky enough to get an x-box 360 then Santa will be the real hero.

It has been interesting though that I have been asked by a few young boys for marbles, I thought I was going to fall out of my chair when I heard the first request for that one. Then today a young boy took me back to simpler times, when he asked for a top. The kind that you wind a string on the spin it off. That is a pleasant reprieve from all the high priced high tech stuff out there.

Once again Santa was serenaded today by 4 year old Emmiano, I was able to listen to all of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer in Spanish. Just another one of those special moments he sounded very good, and I felt honored that he made that request.

Santa Paws, that is the event that went on from 6 to 9 tonight and will happen again next Sunday evening. This is where Pet owners can bring in their pets to have them photographed with Santa. Well it seems as though it was a real bust this week. I had 2 chihuahuas on my lap tonight and that was it for pets. Oh I forgot to mention that a lady brought her dog in yesterday for a photo with Santa, a day early but we cheerfully oblidged her. It was a strange looking dog though, black and white looked like it might have been part chihuahua and part something else. But I did not laugh when she brought it out of her purse.

It was rather quiet tonight but that may have been due to the Chargers, Raiders game being played just a few miles up the road.

Up until 6:00 this evening I had 159 Santa visits after that we added another 64 during Santa Paws of which only 2 had paws. So a running total as of today is 3 dogs 2042 people.

No comments: