Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wrap up for 2005 season

I know the date is not set at Dec. 24 but this blog puts in the date that you write the blog. So we will go back to Dec. 24th. I think at one point today the line was taking 3 1/2 hours to get to Santa. There were times in the previous 2 days where the line had got to be 2 hours long. I was so greatful for security today or I never would have got a break. It was nice being able to go to their potlock some great food.
The gift package that I received from Plaza Bonita was wonderful I will always cherish the card holder engraved with I BELIEVE on the cover. Mrs. Claus enjoyed her gift as well. especially Santa getting back home. Now I am getting ahead of myself. We had 261 visits on the 24th and 1 dog. That brought the season total to 6,423 and 19 dogs. So over the 42 days there we averaged 152.92857 visits per day. That was 396 hours on the Santa set which amounts to 16.219696 visits per hour. So as an estimated that would come to about 30,000 flashes going off at me. that is guessing only 5 flashes per visit, and I am sure there was more than that.
The most asked gor gift by little girls was a Dora talking Kitchen, for the little boys it was Thomas the train. The bigger kids wanted the previously mentioned high priced items. Two of the best requested gifts in my books was the boy who just wanted his family and friends to have a wonderful Christmas and nothing else. Then the little boy who just wanted a old fashion spinning top.
I was relieved to get back to my motel the people at Holiday Inn Express had treated me so well as good as Westfields Plaza Bonita Team. I filled up the rental car with gas, ordered a Pizza and shared it with Kyle at the front desk. Then finished my packing so I could get to bed early for a 3:00 a.m. wake up call to make my flight. I think it was closer to 11:30 before I got to sleep.
Check back in tommorrow for the trip back to the North Pole, There you will find out about lead foot Santa.

No comments: