Friday, December 09, 2005

Santa I Want a New Baby Brother


The management and office staff from Plaza Bonita sure likes to cut up at least once a year when it comes to taking a photo with Santa. Alright Santa looks forward to this photo opportunity as well, just so you know Andy (the guy in the rear on my left) did a very good job of staying away from me this year. I don't think he liked what Santa did to him last year.

This morning started out again with the last two Mommie and me groups for the year. 33 children between the groups. One of the little girls in this group wanted to make sure that I did not miss a thing she wanted for Christmas. I think she found a toy catalog and she must have cut out most of the toys in it. When she climbed up on my lap she started through this stack of little cutouts identifying each of the toys she had picked out and making sure that I was looking at the right side of each of these cutouts. After about the first 10 I suggested that she leave me the stack and I would figure out which ones she would be getting. There must be at least 40 little cutout pieces that I need to go through.

One of the many things that makes me feel all warm inside is when I get to see people on a regular basis or at least the little ones once a year. This evening I had a brother and sister who had been into see me last year. His mother reminded me that he was the one who asked for a new little brother last year. Last year I did not see any dad around and I knew I sure was not going to be able to help him with his request and mom had a look of shock on her face when he asked for that. I did tell him that was probably not going to happen, so he had asked for a puppy and I went into my regular routine about having pets on the sleigh and how the reindeer act up so that would not work either, I think he settled for power rangers last year. This year big sister asked for a bell from Santa's sleigh. When I asked her why she would want one of those she told me so that she would always believe. They both received bells this year. Oh but dad showed up this year and provided the laugh of the day. He asked his son if he had requested an x-box 360 for dad. The request from anyone usually generates a rather jolly laugh as Santa says not this year. But when Dad asked I said to the young boy he would probably have a better chance of getting a new little brother. Mom and Dad laughed along with me on that one.

I had a rather someone come by the set today and say that I looked so real that they thought I had a phoney beard. Maybe that is why some of the older people question whether it is real and want to pull on it.

A great group of seniors here at Plaza Bonita that meets for coffee and maybe they do the mall walk thing as well, but they are here almost everymorning about 8:30. They buy their coffee from McDonalds because all the lids are black. Last week they stopped me on my way down to the WOW warm up and wanted to take a photo, which just happens a lot. Today as I was coming up to them and saying good morning they stopped me again, this time they handed me a ziplock bag that had 2 tree ornaments made from the black coffee lids with my photo in the center as well as 4 more photos. I think maybe they are into recylcling as they had told me they were just trying to come up with something to make out of the empty coffee cups.

Oh I sure cannot forget this part, When I found out I was coming back to Plaza Bonita earlier this year I had put in a request for a Santa mailbox. This afternoon one showed up on the set, I was told that Melissa one of the concierge picked this one up for the set and even paid for it out of her own pocket just so Santa would have a mailbox. It is a really cute box that has a request on one side. Santa Please Stop Here! I think it is GREAT.
Today I had 180 visits for a total of 2712 visits for the year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I sent your blog to someone in Australia. I guess there are lots of people that love you there too. I also gave your business card to a FEMA employee who is also working with me in Louisiana.
I just have to tell you that I look forward to your blog. You are such a wonderful person. I am proud to be the sister of Santa.
Love you
Trena