Saturday, December 10, 2005

From Birth Parents to Big Screen TV's


This is just six of the 21 people in housekeeping who work so hard at keeping Plaza Bonita as immaculate as it. If there is a spill or some other cleanup that needs done this crews moves in fast to take care of the problem. I think the Santa set just makes a lot more work for them as they have to come by and vacuum it twice a day. Not only that but the glass around the upper mezzanine that over looks the Santa set gets a lot of little ones pressing their noses up against it trying to get a better look at Santa. So today housekeeping gets the applause.

Not to brag or anything but Santa really did surprise himself today, a little girl came up with a drawing for Santa, and wanted a photo so I was talking to her and trying to figure out her name no one was around to give any assistance on this one and there was no necklace or bracelet to look at nothing for even a clue. I told her that I was trying to remember her name but that there were so many children that I had seen that the names were pretty mixed up at that time. Then I took a really wild guess and said you must be Jasmine, when she told me I was right I thought I was going to fall out of the chair. Just a real lucky guess though.

Santa does get a variety of request each day, today's were a little different in range I had one little boy ask for a Yo Yo and that was all he wanted, I was tempted to just run up to KB toys and just buy one for him right away. Then there was the little girl who asked for a big screen TV, I had to ask her several times to make sure of what I was hearing. Then once it was confirmed a quick look around and I spotted Dad so I asked her if he had put her up to it. She said no he already has one downstairs. Seems to wanted one in her room to play video games on. Talk about going over the top. The one that really got to me today though was the one where the young lady asked to meet her birth parents. I had to let her know that was not one of the request that Santa could handle for her, but I was sure that when she got older she could make that happen. She did let me know that there was nothing wrong with her adopted parents and that brought out a sigh of relief.

For a short while this evening I thought a riot was going to break out when I saw a mom and her 2 daughters in Raiders outfits. They waited in line to get there photos taken with Santa and when it came their turn they tried to get me to put on a Raiders hat that looked like a Santa hat.
I told them I just could not put on that hat but that I would not hold it against them just because they are Raiders fans. Now I should probably make it clear that I am not a Chargers fan either. My team loyalty from way back has been with the Broncos. So now I have created a problem for myself by letting that information be known.

The visits for today came to 245 for a season total of 2957 and now we only have 14 nights left before we head back to the North Pole.

No comments: