Saturday, December 24, 2005

38 hours til Santa arrives back at north pole

It is real close to time to close out this Santa's Christmas season. Yes I said Christmas season not Holiday I am not very politically correct today. I do not do that to offend anyone as I will and do recongize all of the other holidays that are celebrated.

Thank God for the Children they really do make it all worth while. Yesterday and today as well I experienced some of that Holiday spirit the people who have done nothing for the last 40 days and then all of a sudden they have to go do some shopping and while they are at it they will do photos with Santa. That isn't bad but this is one Santa who has no super powers. When I start sitting in the chair at 8:00 in the morning I still need to have lunch and relax for a bit. Then after another 4 hours I would like to take another break have some dinner and relax a bit. Then at 9:00 p.m. I am ready to go home and relax a bit before I try to get some sleep so that I can start the whole thing all over again at 8:00 a.m. The problems the last 2 days is that Parents do not seem to think I should take those breaks or leave at 9:00p.m. Those are the ones that spoil it. And they ones who want to make big issues out of things that should have just been left alone.

This is why I do this Santa stuff after I returned from lunch a little boy who had waited in line between 1 1/2 to 2 hours sat on my lap with his brother and sister they got the photo taken and I asked what they wanted for Christmas. The one boy says he just wants all of his friends and family to have a Merry Christmas. Then a couple of visits later another boy responded to the same question with I really don't want anything. Especially after all the request I received for these items X-Box 360 priced around $450.00 if you could find one. I-Pods at $300.00 PSP's at about $250.00 and cell phones for 8 year olds. That might not have been bad but I could not count the number of children who wanted at least 2 of the above items if not all of them. It sure made me feel for some parents bank accounts. These people sure did some great marketing.
That was so refreshing. today at 2:45 we had our 6,000th person make it to the Santa set. The day ended with a daily total of 339 the third largest day of the season. bring us to 6,162 visits with one more day to go.
Jeff finally got in the spirit even if his hat made him look like a Santa puppy dog. I think the Polar Express finally got him. A big thanks to Jeff for taking the worry off me in regard to Mrs. Claus's rocking horse.

No comments: