Sunday, November 20, 2005

Quiet Sunday

Today was rather uneventful nothing outstanding really happened on the Santa set. It was a short day the only one like it on the schedule. Start at 11:00 a.m. quit at 7:00 p.m. I did have one person in security tell me this evening that they were really starting to believe in Santa. It was rather interesting when I took my break around 2:00 today I walked off the set and was able to get up the escalator and almost to the back hallway of the mall before anyone said anything about Santa. Everyone was paying so much attention to the Hyundai event they did not even want to say hi to Santa. It sure did feel different. I say it was quiet but I still had 76 visits today, it was slow compared to last Sunday when I had 120 visits.

I would like to mention that I am staying in a Holiday Inn Express and I have been getting first class treatment here. I am not sure that I am getting any smarter though as in the commercials. They are just doing a great job here. I am hoping that if I get to come back to Plaza Bonita I get to stay here. It has easy access to everything I need without a great deal of congestion.

I thought I would take advantage of an early quit time, and went over to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner this evening it was nice to sit down and have a good meal salad steamed veggies and a small cut of prime rib. The crew from Outback had come by the Santa set yesterday and did a group photo so when I walked in the door tonight they were all saying Hi Santa. One of the waitresses was just getting off work and her daughter was there so we had a nice visit and they are going to come by for photos tomorrow.

Well that is the boring update for now, I think this Santa is ready for a good full nights sleep Good nite all.

Well 76 visits brings the total to date at 621.

No comments: