Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Today seemed rather quiet I think I might have had 3 children before lunch it improved after lunch. I am so grateful for the relaxed surroundings that I have access to for my breaks It is nice to be able to sit in a nice soft chair watch some news on TV occasionally, some one else from the administrative office joins me. Today was good I had lunch with 3 other people from Plaza Bonita. When I finished my lunch and relaxation, put on my coat, belt, and hat and started for the front door of the reception area. There I found three children I would guess about six years old. When they saw me I think their jaws hit the floor and their eyes got as big as saucers that was priceless. I am sure they did not think they would be seeing Santa in that office. I started in with the questions, are you being good, are you listening to mom all the time, are you eating all your veggies, are you brushing your teeth every day? After each of those questions the answers were in complete unison almost in harmony Yeeaaaah! It is the only answer that one that age would give anyway. I thought because of the way they answered they were triplets, wrong on my part twins and a cousin. One of those moments that makes putting on the Red Suit worth it all.

I have not figured out how or if people can log onto the Hyundai event from last weekend some have had problems doing so. If you are having problems getting it send me an e-mail with your address and I will be able to forward it to you that way.

This morning I received an e-mail from my son up at the North Pole, he told me he got a big kick of of seeing Santa in that car. Then he asked what I wanted for Christmas? He followed up with you know its not everyday that a person gets to ask Santa what he wants for Christmas. I do believe that he truly believes. It put a smile on my face and made me feel all warm inside. More on this elf in future postings. I am waiting for an event here.

I went into the Hallmark store this morning looking for a special book that I could write notes in so that I would not forget what I needed to put in this blog. The sweet ladies at Hallmark had found two choices for me and one of them I thought was perfect I went to the register with it and was told here Santa this one is on us. Just then I saw the perfect pen for writing my notes with it is about 14" long and about an inch in diameter. So I thought I would wait on that one. When I returned to the Santa set I had waited long enough it was a must have, so I talked Julie into going down to make the purchase for me. Sometimes it is quicker and easier if Santa doesn't go shopping. Well right after lunch I had put my first entries into the book, and the pen clipped right onto the cover nicely. When I returned from my dinner break the book was gone, and the giant red pen was still there. It would not have been an issue but I had forgot what I had written down this afternoon until just now.

When I returned to the Santa set after lunch another very proper and polite young man was waiting for me. He had insisted that his mom stop at Starbucks and purchase a chocolate chip cookie for Santa. He told me he had been trying to be good, and that he wanted a metal detector and bank for Christmas. Then he presented me with this cookie which I immediately offered to share with him so he ended up with about 3/4 of it, then he told me he was sure he was going to get coal in his stocking this year. So I am sure he was making an attempt to bribe Santa.

Well I need to get on the plane and head for New York City tonight so that all of you will be able to see me in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. ;) ;)

So I want to wish all of my blog readers a very Happy Thanksgiving, after you have eaten all the turkey and other goodies you can stand have an extra helping for me.

No comments: